2018-02-17 SmallBASIC (NOT?) back!
Whew! That was too sudden and too long for me.

Looks like back to business as usual. Thumbs Up
B += x
(02-18-2018, 09:52 AM)bplus Wrote: Whew! That was too sudden and too long for me.

Looks like back to business as usual. Thumbs Up

Sorry, I don't pick up hitchhikers. You'll have to get back there on your own. That goes double for Trump. Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Pete Big Grin
Dang it! I think the server severely downsized!

504 errors at every turn, two posts and I think it's broken again!

TGFTJP!   Big Grin   (Thank God For The Joyful Programmer!)
B += x
Well there's always network54 up all night... I just have to figure out how to get you registered. You missed out on a good pun war, oh and a gun control discussion. Hell, we even had some off-topic dude discussing code!

Pete Big Grin
Oh I do like pun fun...
I did see something about putting chips in guns... 

Hmm... off topic with code, gots to see who that might be, I have a guess....
B += x
Yeah, Steve shot me down on that one. From now on I'm sticking to putting chips in salsa.

Pete Big Grin
OK SmallBASIC forum is just plain screwed up now (2018-02-19)   ;(
B += x
again?
that is really strange ..and how is that possible when
sourceforge respond well and i think that forum is posted on
sourceforge..right?
or maybe is not hosted there?
..by the way i see your post on retroB...
Mark i doubt that anyone there is really interested for
SmallBasic...
don't get me wrong I even doubt that anyone there is interested
for programming..
that place visit few lurkers with shalow interest and
just few real enthusiast like
galileo - really nice guy -YaBasic user
from time to time there is ZXDunny - also nice guy
and who else?
Who else? Cybermonkey, he even inquired about SmallBASIC here.
B += x
so still nothing?
i get this:

Sourceforge project sites are currently under maintenance.
Please check back later.
We thank you for your patienc
It's been up and down for past 2+ weeks?

I think Source Forge is effing it!
B += x
Hi MGA,

I've finally created an account here!

I think it's time to retire the sourceforge SB web site. Unless you think it's a terrible idea I'd like to move over to the github static pages based site http://smallbasic.github.io. Currently this just gives language reference information but could be updated to provide most of what the existing site offers.  

For forums, it could just link to this site. It would still be nice to get help with documenting functions etc, maybe there's some other way to make it easy for people to contribute.

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,

Welcome but sorry to hear Source Forge is being a pain. Glad you found your way here. Your SmallBASIC for Android creation is about the closet mobile language I've found to QB/QB64. QB64 took a shot at the Android platform, but I think only a couple of simple programs were able to run on it. The development has since been abandoned, and is scheduled to be stripped out of the upcoming release. I had some hopes for it when it first started, so I put up a "Mobile BASIC" forum at my Network54 QB/QB64 site.  My last post there was an Android SmallBASIC key input routine, which I shared at your forum.

If you are interested in sharing your work on the Network54 forum, I'd be happy to let you post / mod in the Mobile Basic forum. I'd be happy to dedicate it to SmallBASIC, for that matter. If you are interested, let me know and I'll walk you through how to set up an account. If not, no worries. I'm glad to see you are continuing on with the project. Great stuff!

Pete Smile
Hi Chris, 

This site is fantastic for sharing files and fun!

But if I've learned anything this past month it is that, like the Internet itself, don't depend on one source or place for storage, not one computer, not one forum...

So I think both github and Pete's N54 place are good ideas and don't forget Retrogamecoding.

And move to github would be just incentive I need to get going again studying Pro Git. I usually need a real need to help motivate me to read dry technical manuals.

So how may I help?

MGA AKA bplus

I am very happy you've joined us here.

BTW, do you have backup files from Source Forge?
B += x
Mark
If you wish i can open one board on my forum for SmallBasic like i have on
old.
Hey Aurel, 

I took a peek into ProBasic, man you have quite a collection of Interpreter Things!

And JJ is still hanging out there?
B += x
Yeah !
so what you say -> YES or NO ?
there is no need to hurry ..
(03-03-2018, 01:49 AM)Aurel Wrote: Yeah !
so what you say -> YES or NO ?
there is no need to hurry ..

I am in no hurry to have posts deleted again (I like to strike up conversations with Bots)... or be on forum that goes away after couple months...

It is nice thing you offer and I'd like to wait and see where Chris gos with previous ones, specially the setup at github.

Aurel, I think your forum attracts or targets developers or wanna be developers??
B += x
Aurel, I think your forum attracts or targets developers or wanna be developers??

yes Mark i agree with you but for who
i like to see new fresh people not selfpromoted so called exeperts we know
from bp.org ....do you get it?

for smallbasic forum that is fine we will wait..
even i am not smallbasic fan i think that SB deserve future and new users.
I would like to say, that with this forum, my goal is to attract those who find excitement in various aspects of computer programming, and are willing to share their ideas with demos.
Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers