Another Pascal
I don't know if anybody is using Pascal for anything but I ran across this one yesterday, it's a .net language.

http://pascalabc.net/en/

phred
Hi phred

I've heard good things of Pascal, actually it's one coder I met at BP.org who has Pascal experience that has impressed the heck out of me!

Have you used this download? or Pascal? 

What is a .net laguage? like MS VB.net?
B += x
I used Turbo Pascal 6 for a while, back in the late '90s.  I haven't tried this download yet but I have it, just need a little time to get around to it.  From what I've read on the history of Pascal it could do pretty much anything C could do, the difference being Pascal was developed as a commercial product and cost a lot more than C so didn't get used often.  Pascal was actually offered as an operating system alternative on the first IBM pc's but that money thing happened there, too, seems like it was an extra several hundred dollars over DOS.
Yes, it runs on the .net framework just like vb.net or c#.

phred
Hi phred,

I am not sure you want to hear my reminiscence and I am not sure where I am going with it... but it sure ain't fitting in this quick reply editor!  >> more is coming I am editing....

Yes, since I asked my questions I checked out the site a little. It shows very simple samples. But all the features listed are really really great looking!!!

Very simple is NOT how I remember my little foray into VB.net back in 2004? 

I had very briefly restarted with VB 6 (and now am kicking myself,... well the computer just up and died on me  in middle of the night and I lost all that, e machines are junk! in my one experience opinion. ) I had started with VB 6 ( I think it was 6)  and it was pretty darn good but the next BIG thing was VB.net! So I hunted and gathered and spent tons of real money for .NET books. Yikes what big giant complex thing, I didn't know what I was buying and I had no idea where to start... but the computer up and dying on me kind of settled everything real quick. Another 10 years before I return to programming, Yikes!

So long story longer, I am very interested in this Pascal thing but also very cautious (can't spell leary right and spell checker ain't helping) of .net like things because of complexity. I hate situations where/when you buy 1 thing and find out you need 10 more!

I forget was this deal free?
B += x
Thanks for this, looks quite interesting. Most of my programs are written in FreePascal, so I will definitely have a look into the .NET Pascal. (Seems to work in Linux according to the GitHub pages).
Hi Cybermonkey!

It does look interesting and I never used Pascal but I know Paul Dunn sure did!
B += x
Yeah zxdunny! He's a real master of Pascal.
Unfortunately this PascalABC has one big downside: the complete documentation is in Russian. Also most of the examples are commented in Russian, so not really helpful for me ...
Oh thanks for checking that reporting, I suspected something like that or that .net would be too complex for this little brain. But those samples sure looked simple!
B += x
Yeah, sorry about that, I opened it up this afternoon and saw the Russsian help file.  Back to FreePascal.

r