Quixo in QB64
.bas   Quixo.bas (Size: 8.17 KB / Downloads: 13)
[attachment=2091

]Hello All,

Quixo is a 2 player abstract board game played with 25 woodeb cube blocks arranged in a 5 X 5 square with the blank sides of the cube facing up. Player 1 is the X on 1 side of the cube and player 2 is the O on the other side. There are 4 blank sides which are neutral sides.

The object of the game is to get 5 pieces in a row with your side facing up, horizontal, vertical or diagnol.

How to play:
On your turn, pick uo 1 of the blocks on 1 of the sides with your symbol or the neutral piece pattern facing up and remove it form it's location. Then place that block with your symbol facing up on 1 of the opposite sides of the board by clicking on 1 of the arrows that will appear on the outside of the board pointing to a piece that will push that your piece into the row of pieces and causing that row to shift their position to the next location until the empty location, where you took your piece from, is filled. Arrow appear to show your legal moves. you are not allowed to place the piece back where you just took it from and your not allowed to pick up a pieces with you opponent's symbol on top.

You win by getting 5 pieces of your symbol in a row, how if on your move you shift your opponents pieces and causes them to get 5 of their pieces facing up in  a row, they win the game even if you made a 5 in a row for yourself also.

Hope you enjoy playing,

Donald
https://youtu.be/RHYywczTm3g
https://youtu.be/HHU8T2C1mEY

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another great game, Donald, hats off to you! I'm amazed how many different games you know!
I like to program in BASIC
With code that is simple and slick
I learnt it in school
And it is still cool
So it is my number one pick
Hi Donald,

This looks like my kind of game. Does it have some AI?

Well, I will see! Smile

Thanks Donald!
B += x
Thanks for the response.

Adrian, I search for games on the internet and at flea markets to find some that looks interesting to make. Some of the games I don't own. I find pictures and videos and rules to games and make. Most of the games I make, I never heard of them before either. 

bplus, none of my game have A.I. I never learned how to program it. So all of the players for all of my games are played by human players.

Donald
bplus, here's  a challenge for you, add the AI to Donald's games. Smile
I like to program in BASIC
With code that is simple and slick
I learnt it in school
And it is still cool
So it is my number one pick
Smile  Well, I am thinking about this one. This game seems a particularly good candidate for an attempt though I've never played it with another human, so I know nothing about strategy, but that might be a good thing. It's around 200 lines which is really nice size for modifying, the board is beautiful and play worked out already... seems like it would get more use if a single player could play. So yeah, I will give it a shot.
B += x
bplus, 

That a great idea making an I.D. for Quixo. I don't know if you started making it yet, but I have a better game, made my the same company, to make an I.A. for and it may me easier to make. I had suggested it to another member before but it didn't get anywhere. 

The game is Quarto!, a four in a row game. The game consist of a 4X4 game board and 16 different pieces. Half of the piece are tall and half are short. Half are round and half are square. Half are dark and half are light. Half has a solid top, half are hallow. So the object is to get four pieces in a row with at least 1 characteristic the same. All of the pieces could be tall or short, round or square, dark or light, solid or hallow. But you don't pick the piece you play, your opponent picks it for you.

Here is the link for Quarto at this forum: 
http://www.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/qb64/...9666332286

Donald
Hi Donald,

Actually I was considering doing a version of the game where the number of blocks per side could be an option and I was planning on starting a 3 x 3 game to compare with Tic Tac Toe and to get warmed up with the game. I confess I am finding other things to do easier than getting into modifying this game. Christmas and end of year things are quite a distraction.
B += x
.bas   Quixo1.bas (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 2)
Hello All,

I have added the 4 player 2 teams option to Quixo. It is still played the X's against the O's. The Partners would normally set across from each other. Player 1, the X's has the locating diamond at the left side of the piece and their partner, player 3 has their diamond on the right side. Player 2, the O's has the locating circle at the bottom of the piece and their partner, player 4 has the circle on the top. Each player is only allowed to pick up a neutral piece or their own. However the game is still won by having 5 X's or O's in a row.

I have also included the up to 5 player colored players playing individual.

Donald