30,000 Particles
Attached is a little demo that I translated from JavaScript to QB64, and wanted to share with the community.

Here are some screenshots:

Have fun!

Attached Files .zip   TJP-30000-Particles.zip (Size: 48.86 KB / Downloads: 15)
Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Sorry, squire. I still have the "invalid handle" problem when trying to 'put' an image file on the screen....

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
@johnno56

Are you able to run this demo?

Have you downloaded the latest version of QB64?
Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Hi Walter, 

Very cool effect! I am thinking that might be used with underwater background or something liquid-like. The screen shots do not do it justice.

That background has the perfect rainbow effect I have been trying to duplicate in graphics perhaps with Alpha it can be done. 

Johnno, if you can't load the background image, can you comment that part out and get the graphics?

PS I think QB64 is more Windows centric than Linux which maybe why some of us go the Python route for PL's.
B += x
@bplus

That picture is one I took earlier this year. That is an actual rainbow which is the reason I took the picture. The only modification I did to this picture is that I removed four houses that was in the picture. The picture was taken from my front porch. Well, at the house I just moved away from. I have dozens of pictures of that rainbow and I picked that one for this demo. I also had to shrink the picture and set it to 300 pixels x 100 pixels.

I have another demo called 80,000 pixels that I made at the same time I made this one, where I used the same picture. I set it to 400 pixels x 200 pixels. It runs a bit slower so I wanted to try something with it.

Here is the original photo unmodified except for size:

Here's the one used in the demo:

...and this is the full size image used to make the one for the demo:

Here are a few more shots for you:

I hope these inspire you.

If you want a larger version of any of these photos, please let me know and I will send it to you.

Hi Walter,

Hey you've captured in the 2nd and 3rd screen shots what I call the "rainbow echo" a 2nd rainbow that is like a reflection of the first only much less intense. I started noticing those when I started trying to duplicate rainbows in code and studied pictures off Internet.

Nice photo shop work too, I'd never guess there was a house there.
B += x
Hi Walter!
Great Job! I like it! Smile Look like a black hole..... Big Grin
Why not share this on QB64 forum?
Very nice, Walter!