HD Dungeon
An ASCII pseudo 3D Maze, similar to that wonderful title 3D Monster Maze. In it, you must collect Diamonds, collect cat food, and kitty's. You must escape your capture and live another day. This is the shareware version, there's a lot missing and it's just a basic version of what I have planned. So keep that in mind as you venture through the dark caverns of the unknown. Make sure you read the READ ME file first, to get a glimpse into the game. It's the sorta project where there's minimal text and all the info is in the text file, I'm keeping it in the style as the sorta games this one's based on. So no music, sound effects, or anything else. The sorta game you'd find for the time.

Attached Files .rar   Hanferd's Dungeon Shareware 1.0.rar (Size: 514.35 KB / Downloads: 14)
PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE, THE ATTACHMENT SHARED BY H.W. WILLIAMS ONLY CONTAINS AN *.EXE FILE AND A *.TXT FILE. WHILE I HAVE SCANNED THE GAME MYSELF WITH MY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, AND I RAN THE GAME, PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH ANY EXECUTABLES YOU MAY DOWNLOAD AND BE SURE TO ONLY RUN THOSE FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE.

@H.W. Williams

Since you are using color in spots, why not use color for the monsters you have to fight, the diamonds, the cats and the cat food, along with any other objects you come interact with? This will make it easier to see such things.

The game had an interesting concept behind it, and I enjoyed paying around with it to see how well the 2-1/2D system worked, how well it was translated from the 2D game map, and other game mechanics. Very nicely done.

H.W., why don't you add some screenshots for everyone to see?
Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Hanferd's Dungeon|
A 3D Ascii Maze Game|
---------------------
VERSION 1.0.1

Introduction, this game is in the style of 3D Monster Maze, in it, you play a
girl who has been kidnapped and thrown into a dark underground abyss. You fight
monsters and hope to see the sun again. You collect diamond and cat food, yes
cat food. These two items are just used for points. The only weapon you have is
a cat, which is used to fight the Hanferd beasts. This is a SHAREWARE version,
the actual version is twice the size. Now, remember this is Version 1.0.1, and 
I'm putting this out there as some were to gosh darn excited and wanted to give
it a try. So please, leave feedback and comments on the site you've downloaded
this from. 

-------------
Update
-------------

In this version compared with version 1.0, the map has been completed with the
run of the mill diamonds, Hanferd monsters, and other little treasures scattered
about. Also, the exit has been given a nice blue colour. Also, scattered about
along the boarder walls are secret messages. Can you find out what they mean?

-------------------------
System Specs
-----------------

Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Hanferd's Dungeon V1.0.1.rar (Size: 513.99 KB / Downloads: 6)