Blitzbasic and plus and max...
I was about to ask where I can download a copy of 'basic', 'plus' and 'max' when I read that the site was closed...

I have '3D' installed (running through Wine on my Linux box) and works just fine. I was looking for the other 'blitz' packages to see if they too could also run... I found the 'pro' link on github but have absolutely no idea how to compile it. I looked at some of the files and the filenames included 'win32' and immediately the 'ah nuts' warning bells went off... If someone knows where I can get the install executables for blitz could you please post a link? Or if someone can walk me through the compile of 'pro' that would be good also... I will not be offended if anyone says, 'No", as I am just curious to know if any of the blitz packages will run... No big deal... Thanks for reading...

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Johnno56,

I am looking into that for you. I am trying to find the links I had.

What OS did you want them for?

Walter Whitman
The Joyful Programmer
Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

I have BlitzPlus 1.47, Blitz3D (various versions; old to new) and a bunch of the released updates. Does Pro = Plus?
Hi Walter,

I'm running with 64 bit Linux Mint (Ubuntu based)

Hi mrpectate,

Anything that will run on my Linux box would be great... as long as it is open source... If anything you have requires registration (whether or not the registration system is still active) could present potential legal issues down the track...

Some years ago, before Linux, I had a copy of (I think is was plain Blitz Basic) and liked the "golf" demo that came with it. I thought that was sooo cool. Noticed how program looked simple enough to follow - It looked weird without 'line numbers' lol - but easy enough to read and understand. But, when I thought to my self a while ago, 'I wonder...' but by that time Windows was gone... All my old stuff had faded away as well... Now, I'm just curious, as to whether all the open source versions of 'Blitz' will run on my machine... (end of history lesson... lol)

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
johnno56
Check here:
https://blitzresearch.itch.io/