Naalaa Graphic Editor
Started by Johnno what seems long ago in a far away place...

The most important part of this code, as I remember, was the code to draw a line balancing the rounding of pixels up/down and left/right so they were evenly stepped.
.zip   GE (graphic editor).zip (Size: 22.48 KB / Downloads: 2)

Well, Johnno, maybe you might like just the old Patch.png file at least...
B += x
Error in line 41: Expected integer expression.

k=inkey()
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Hi J,

You still have Naalaa? I haven't looked at Naalaa for 2+years.

I thought you might use as guide for translation... no?

Well there is a nice patch.png file then.
B += x
Still have Naalaa? You need to ask? lol  That's how I found the glitch... lol  There has been a couple of updates in the past 2 years...

We're not going to get into trouble by talking about another application other than QB, are we? So, which part are 'you' going to do? I'm pretty good with the 'begging' part... How is your 'groveling'? lol

I suppose I could attempt to convert the (coding system that should not be named - lol) version to QB64 but may take a while... Took me many, many, many minutes to convert the SDLB.... oops! (another application that should not be named - lol) into QB64... which is STILL not finished... lol

Time to fire up the coffee machine....

I believe that you guys have some holiday thingy going on today? Have fun, but more importantly, no drinking and driving. You might hit a bump and spill your drink!! lol

J

Live long and prosper.
Quote:We're not going to get into trouble by talking about another application other than QB, are we?

Took me many, many, many minutes to convert the SDLB.... oops! (another application that should not be named - lol)

Hey Johnno!

We are in the Other Programming languages section of Walter's Forum, it's OK!

Yeah, holiday thingy, things are starting to pop outside as darkness has been reached. From the rumbling in distance, must be large fireworks display going on somewhere.

No driving and no fun, my mother is battling pain medication addiction, I get to play the heavy.

You know, I thought QB64 had something better to do files display for loading. I was mistaken, it's all Windows oriented.

Petr is right. You need your OS to get a directory list into a file so that QB64 can open the file and use that information for selecting a file to load. AND/OR also what Petr said, have your app track all the files it creates in a file for displaying and choosing from.
B += x
Getting a list of files from my OS is not an issue. For me, and from within the directory, I would enter the command,
ls *.bas > files.txt (ls = List Sorted) But I have no idea how to do that from within QB64

Hold the phone...

The SHELL command.

shell "ls > temp.txt" produced a complete list of the directory that the QB64 executable resides in... Cool
Modified to: shell "ls *.bas > temp.txt" and voila! a list of all "bas" files...  Not exactly GUI material but at least it can produce a list or filtered list of a directory contents.... There is finally a ray of light from the end of the tunnel... With my luck it will be an on coming train! lol

I have started to convert the GE test program. So far it's going ok. Simulating the 'center' command is tricky. I know how to center text on the screen. Basically: Find the center of the screen. Subtract half the length of the message from that and print the message. This works well for 'text'. But the N6 center seems to work by calculating the length of the string in 'pixels' and the next center command is automatically set to one text line lower than the previous message... my brain hurts...

By the way, the symmetrical and normal drawing works like a charm... not so much for the other functions... I haven't got that far yet... lol

Having slight difficulty with keyboard input. I have tried _KEYHIT and INKEY$ and find them both 'sluggish'... the ONLY key that responds quickly is the ESC key. I think it has a mind of its own... Sure, when I want to quit, it as quick as possible... but during the program....

I think maybe some mouse buttons for these beasties....

Now where did I put my coffee mug...?

Live long and prosper.