Important message from Chris Warren-Smith
Hey guys,

Due to SB's lack of a Forum, Chris has asked me to pass onto you, an alternative tool to stay in touch. A Smallbasic mailing list.

Here is the link you will need to get started: https://sourceforge.net/projects/smallba...sic-public

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Hi Johnno,

I don't trust Source Forge one bit! Chris has my email. If he wants to get a message to me he can, he has a few times over years.

BTW I had to remove SmallBASIC from my Nook (old cheap Android) device because it jammed up playing the the rotating cube message from On-Line Samples, control over the app is impossible anymore.

I did notice he put up a few more samples, good! I am glad it is working for someone! It was a nice QB like language.

Also why has he himself not done anything at Source Forge Forum?

Nope, I find it difficult to believe Chris sent a message through you to me, doesn't have to... BTW how did you get the message?

PS If he doesn't like this forum or still can't get on with it, there is still Retro with PM service unless he can't get on with that either? lost passwords??
B += x
We started chatting about sdlbasic and smallbasic discussing possible ideas for games etc. He mentioned that he was unable to reset his password on TJP. Apparently he has requested several times and did not get a reply. We were chatting about Forums, how quiet sdlbasic is, and the absence of an SB forum. He was toying with several ideas to at least get some communication going with SB. The mailing list was mentioned and he asked if I could post the link.

When he mentioned the posting of the link, he did not say, that the link was meant for any one individual. He just asked if I could let everyone know. I am detecting a little tension and do not want to make things worse. I was just asked to post the link. It is not my intension to cause any more difficulties...

You asked, "Also why has he himself not done anything at Source Forge Forum?". I'm afraid I cannot answer because I don't know if he has been active at SF or not.

I'm off to bed.

J

Live long and prosper.
Oops! Sorry Johnno, I took the message too personally. (Are you and I the only ones left posting here? I mean normal stuff, not forum pioneering stuff... AND who care a little about what happens to SmallBASIC.)

Tension? Maybe, I am sorry to loose old Source Forge forum and still don't understand why Chris is starting another, THERE, since he dumped the last??? Or trying to start this mail thing THERE???

Chris really does have to tell his browser to dump his cookies from here, set his browser to do that. That is how I finally was able to log out and have normal functions back.

Walter might be done now screwing around with new admissions, that doesn't help, the price we pay for being guinea pigs... how many new people have signed up since then? 0? even with NET being down now for going on three weeks???

Maybe Chris will be reminded of Retro... unless he lost his password there... might be slow goings getting new membership there too.

Yep! Last new member was Azathoth and that was April 9.
B += x
If Chris feels differently about Source Forge he might take this down: 
B += x
I believe that you are referring to point two on 'the image'. ie: Promoting the use of SF for the mailing list yet declaring that SF's 'hosting is unreliable'.

Hmm...

J

Live long and prosper.
Quote:Yep! Last new member was Azathoth and that was April 9.

Thanks for noticing I exist. And yes, we are experimental rats in a programming maze.

Az.

(lab rats in the pursuit of happiness -- not necessarily the attainment of!?)
Lab rat in pursuit of cheese: http://qb64.thejoyfulprogrammer.com/show...50#pid7215
B += x