Deep BASIC Chess by Thomas McBurney
A nice chess program written by Thomas McBurney in QB45. I have updated the mouse routine and added menu buttons.
However, the Take(Back), (Swap)Sides, (Flip)Board, Set(Time) commands work better in text input mode which is disabled here.
Original program here: http://home.pacific.net.au/~tommyinoz/db.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   deepbasic chess.zip (Size: 264.31 KB / Downloads: 10)
I like to program in BASIC
With code that is simple and slick
I learnt it in school
And it is still cool
So it is my number one pick
Hi Adrian, 

I am having a couple of difficulties. One is that it is not taking all my moves from mouse specially around the opening. Two, can we get the computer to play white and make first move? The switch menu item seems to work only after the first moves. Wow! 3200+ lines and only one subroutine!
B += x
Hi bplus,

I think I've not coded the mouse events correctly. the text input version of the program works fine (see attached). to get the computer to play white and make the first move, type in "FLIP" followed by "SWAP".

Attached Files .bas   CHESS8B.BAS (Size: 94.26 KB / Downloads: 8)
I learnt it in school
And it is still cool
hi bplus,

OK this version should work better now. Just click on "Swap" at the start of the game for Computer to play white and make the first move. At any time during the game you can change sides (SWAP), take back one move (BACK), flip the board 180 degrees (FLIP). AUTO makes the program play by itself. FEN and TIME functions still don't work that great.

cheers.

Attached Files .bas   Deep Basic Chess.bas (Size: 84.12 KB / Downloads: 7)
I learnt it in school
And it is still cool