Pac-Man w/ Spinning Doors
This is Pac-Doors, my own version of the classic arcade game.  Despite a few flaws, it's a tremendously fun game with many, many features you're not likely to have seen anywhere else.  It's been described as Pac-Man meets Lady Bug.  I first created this game well over a decade ago, and since I resumed work on it, I've added lots and lots of stuff to it.  I'm proud to say that in Pac-Doors, the only things you kill are Ghosts and time! Smile

Please let me know if you have any trouble w/ the download or anything else.  And be sure to read the ReadMe text file.  As the help file is rather long and detailed, here are some basics:

On the Intro Screen (F1 for Help Screen):
  • Use the ARROW keys to select your starting Level and Maze.
  • Press 1, 2 or 3 to select a difficulty level.  ENTER will select option #2.
  • F3 thru F8 will load saved games, if there are any, in the various Game Types.
  • F9 thru F12 will toggle the different Game Types or Play Modes.  SPACE will cycle thru them.
  • Press S or D to activate special mode Spiral Mazes or Divided/Split Mazes.
  • Press F for Faves mode, in which only your preferred mazes will appear.

(See below for marking special-type and fave Mazes.)

During a Game (Ctrl-F1 for Help Screen):
  • Use the ARROW keys to control Pac-Man.  
  • F5 will turn the Ghosts blue so you can eat or evade them.
  • F6 is used to detonate the G-Bomb after you've earned it by eating enough Dots.
  • SPACEBAR will drop a Zapper.  Ghosts hate that, so they start dropping Sappers!
  • F4 will make Packy run, not walk! (Watch the arrow icons at bottom.)
  • F11 activates the Teleporter, which is needed to complete some Split Mazes.
  • Use + and - to change the game's speed, if needed, to suit your system or your preference.
  • Press Ctrl-F/S/D to mark a maze as a Fave, Spiral or Split Maze.  A little icon appears at screen's top.

(I've marked many mazes already.  To unmark any Fave or Special maze, use Ctrl-F/S/D while one of the special modes is active.  You may need to exit and restart the program for changes to take effect.)

Download Pac-Doors v. 2017.12.13: .zip   Pac-Doors_Latest.zip (Size: 2.43 MB / Downloads: 32)

Newest features:
  • 120 unique mazes, including a new True Maze.
  • Shields Up! - Munch enough dots and Packy will get a special protective shield (like a halo) that'll briefly keep him safe from those Ghosts.
  • Help Screens - Now it's easy to see those helpful tips without opening the text file.  Just use F1 (at Menu screen) or Ctrl-F1 (during game).

Wanna create your own Pac-Doors mazes?  Click below to download MyMaze.

Attached Files .zip   MyMaze_2017_4_4.zip (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 19)
Welcome SirCrow!

Well you've got me curious, thanks! I will check it out.
B += x
@SirCrow

Very nice game! I really thank you for sharing it, and it was fun playing.

I can help you with _PUTIMAGE and _LOADIMAGE if you need it, however, you will need to use 32-Bit screen modes for _LOADIMAGE. If you take a look at many of the demos I shared on this forum, you will see I use _PUTIMAGE on a very regular basis, even in SCREEN 12.

Here are some screenshots of your game for everyone to see:

Dedicated to empowering computer programming hobbyists, tinkerers, amateurs, and enthusiasts.
profile for Walter Whitman at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

(11-06-2017, 12:41 AM)bplus Wrote: Welcome SirCrow!

Well you've got me curious, thanks! I will check it out.

(11-06-2017, 01:58 AM)Waltersmind Wrote: @SirCrow

Very nice game! I really thank you for sharing it, and it was fun playing.

I can help you with _PUTIMAGE and _LOADIMAGE if you need it, however, you will need to use 32-Bit screen modes for _LOADIMAGE. If you take a look at many of the demos I shared on this forum, you will see I use _PUTIMAGE on a very regular basis, even in SCREEN 12.
. . .
Thanks, you guys!  I really appreciate the screenshots.  They make it look like a fun game; I'll have to try it myself! Wink Thanks also for this forum.

As far as _PUTIMAGE and so forth, I tried it and couldn't make it work.  Sadly, anything that's more than a little complicated, I just have to ignore.  My mental focus just ain't there, baby!  It's a true wonder that something like my Pac-Doors works at all.  But maybe, just maybe, I'll give it another go and try to make _PUTIMAGE work, with your help.
Hi SirCrow, 

Your first post has expanded since last I looked. Looks like you are making yourself at home.

I liked what you said about mental focus. Smile
B += x
(11-07-2017, 04:37 PM)bplus Wrote: Hi SirCrow, 

Your first post has expanded since last I looked. Looks like you are making yourself at home.

I liked what you said about mental focus. Smile

Thanks.  Hey, you should see my Pac-Doors page at the other site.  Talk about expanded!
http://www.qb64.net/forum/index.php?topi...#msg112486

Once I see that my post is getting attention, I like to provide as much info as I can, to the point of possibly overdoing it. Blush
I wanted to post this latest Pac-Doors update there, but a tech issue put a stop to that.  But, by all means, do check out the many, many features of the game, as described on that site.

Mental focus.....alas, I can't help wondering what I could accomplish if it were intact. Sad  And the fact that I'm a Spaghetti Code Expert certainly doesn't help -- I can't figure out my own programs! Huh