Alternate QB64 Editors
O2 does not run natively on Linux. But It does run very well using Wine on Linux. Midi sound may be an issue but not a deal breaker... The 3D GL sample ran very smoothly. Most impressed... Wink

J
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
https://wiki.winehq.org/MIDI
Easylangs,

Ah yes. Winehq midi. We are old friends and have had our difficulties in the past. Probably why I am not overly concerned with no midi with O2. As long as O2 can handle wav etc, I will be fine. Besides, the only time I use midi, is when I am doing music notation... But many thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

Time for a caffeine recharge.... Mmmm... Coffee...

J

ps: Just did a quick Google for tutorials etc and there doesn't seem to be much out there. Do you have any docs/tuts/vids. Scanning the examples are fine, but that doesn't tell me what each command does...
May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Quote:I think for a number of reasons Notepad++ edges out Davs IDE:

+ Multiple files can be viewed in tabbed listings AND as we discussed recently two files can be viewed side by side in Notepad

+ Notepad++ can be used for many other things as well as QB64 editor, why learn a new editor for every language you want to try?

+ much more learning to use Notepad because of all the features available. Learning is a plus if not overwhelming and app works intuitively.

+ With RhoSigma's help it worked right out of the box, for me Davs IDE did not though fixable (I think).

The tables would be completely be turned if Dav was around and actively updating AND/OR it was a QB64 app with source code available.

I don't see myself abandoning the QB64 IDE, I like it's syntax checking and line formatting. OK's

Well just in case I am not just talking to myself, here is update on what I have found joyful.
B += x